Security & Specialty Paper Division
We would like to introduce ourselves as the company engaged in the business of Security Printing for over 35 years. To cater to the needs of customized security paper market, this Security Paper Mill was set up, as a step towards backward integration, and commissioned in the month of October, 2003
Security Paper Division of GGPL is strategically located in Bidar District 30 kms away from NH9, and just 14 kms from our Security Printing Press. This plant is located on 6 acres of land surrounded by GGPL’s own 19 acres green fields which has sufficient ground water, ideally suitable for quality paper production.
The plant is having all the facility right from pulping till sheeting and packing under one roof.
Plant Layout and Plant Capacity
The plant is scientifically laid out to facilitate smooth flow of production from Stock Preparation to Paper Making and Finishing.
We are equipped with heavy duty, high speed pulpers, couple of Conical and Tri-disc Refiners, capable of refining wood pulp as well as cotton fiber. Our excellent cleaning systems feed clean pulp of constant consistency, to the paper machines.
The plant is designed to produce 4000 tonnes of High Security papers, Specialty and Industrial Papers per annum.
Paper Making : (PM1)
We have one imported 86 c.m. width Fourdrinier water mark paper making unit with 10 m.t. Per Day capacity. The dandy rolls are made in India for incorporating water mark while paper is produced.
Paper Making : (PM2)
We also have one 140 c.m. Width Cylinder Mould 3 D multi-tonal Water Mark paper making unit with 4 m.t. Per Day capacity with dip coating and drying facility, suitable for making all types of Security Papers, like high end non judicial stamp papers, cartridge papers, passport papers, postal stamp papers, MICR cheque papers, CBS 1 cheque papers. This PM-2 is also capable of producing currency papers with some additional gadgets. The Mould covers for the cylinder Mould are currently imported from reputed and well known Mould cover manufacturers for Multitonal Designs, though we are striving hard to get it made indigenously.
Online QCS systems are installed in our PM-1 and PM-2, boght from ABB to ensure monitoring and control of various process parameters in paper making like grammage control, moisture etc.
Gravure Machine for Re-moistanable Gummed Stamp Papers
Production Capacity – 300 M.T. Per Annum and it can be doubled to meet customer requirements.
Cut to Sheet Register Cutter
To ensure fixed watermark position, we have installed one CUT-TO-REGISTER WATER MARK SHEETING MACHINE.
This Tear Resistant Paper is a substitute for Plastic type papers available in the Market and is used for printing University Certificates. Our Tear Resistant paper of 150 to 180/250 gsm. can have multiple security features in the base paper itself. We can also produce Tear Resistant, water proof/wet strength Papers with customized dandy or cylinder mould water mark, embedded visible/invisible security fibres. If needed, we can also insert pre-printed security thread into this Tear Resistant Paper. These special security features are unique in the range of our paper products
WATER MARKED SILICON BASED RELEASE PAPER
We can also produce Release Paper with dandy/cylinder mould water mark, embedded with visible/invisible security fibers. This can be used for re-moistanable gummed postal stamp paper and other security labels and paper based Excise Lables.
We have two high speed slitter rewinders of matching capacity which can give joint less and large diameter reels upto one meter dia.
SUPER CALENDERING MACHINE
We are also equipped with exclusive super calendaring plant to add further smoothness and finish to the paper.
In finishing house, in addition to the above we have one sheet cutter and two computerized programmable cutting machines.
To ensure quality of the output at every stage, we have fully equipped State of Art testing laboratory, where we test various chemicals, raw materials, water and additives at required stages. In the laboratory, we have digital and Quadrant grammage testers, Computerized brightness tester, smoothness tester, porosity tester, bursting strength tester, double fold tester, sheet former, tear tester, tensile strength tester, conductivity tester, sheet former etc.
Effluent Treatment Plant
As we are aware, paper making needs lot of water and in the process effluent is also generated.
We have full fledged effluent treatment plant which treats this effluent and more than 70% of water is recycled for paper making and rest of it is successfully used for irrigation purpose in the balance 18 acres of land where the water is used for cultivation.
Power Back up
Express Electricity Line from the Main Grid for Uninterrupted Power supply.
We manufacture the following security papers:
- Security papers, with dandy or 3 d multitonal cylinder mould water mark, embedded with visible and invisible security fibers, single or three different type colours, taggants, planchets, in any grammage (35 gsm to 180 gsm).
- Passport papers with high rag content, with cylinder mould water mark and security fibers.
- Super calandered postal stamp papers coated with pva on both sides as per international standard. Remoistanable gum is coated offline method.
- Special document security papers with window and embedded security thread and invisible fibres.
- Band roll and blue trial papers for bank notes.
- MICR cheque paper as per rbi/iba & cbs-1 as per pira specifications
- Parchment papers / tear & water resistant papers / creamwove & maplitho papers for degree certificate/ mark sheets.
- Speciality papers for specific industrial applications like filter paper (automotive and laboratory grade) and wet strength and latex coated abrasive papers, insulation papers.
Features & Certifications
Quality Management Systems:
To enable producing consistent quality, the company has installed excellent Process Quality Control systems, together with an extensive Testing Laboratory. The Company has got its products accredited with Bureau of India Standards. Paper mill has an accreditation of :
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 27001:2013
- Bureau of Indian Standards.
- We have applied for PIRA Certification and F.C.A. Certification(under issue).
Bureau Of Indian Standards(BIS)
Since we do not have our own pulping plant , to maintain its consistent best quality we import 100% virgin pure quality soft wood and hard wood pulp from abroad (U.S.A., Brazil, Indonesia ). We also import processed Cotton Linter Pulp.
Anti Counterfeit Features
Since, most of our papers produced are used for various sensitive documents, we incorporate different security features which can help protecting the document from counterfeiting. These features are:
- Water Mark – Single Tone
- Water Mark – Two Tone
- Water Mark – Multi Tone
- Chemical sensitization and with ink adhesion application
- Embedding of Visible and Invisible Security Fibers
- Magic Sparkles
- UV Dull paper
- Windowed security thread (Holographic and Fluroscent)
- Embedded Security Thread with customized pre-printed matter.
- Paper Mill is having Security Arrangements fulfilling the norms laid down by Indian Banks Association, a wing of Reserve Bank of India.
- Nine feet high compound wall with 3ft barbed wire fencing above.
- Movement of men and material is routed through one gate which is monitored and recorded by Security Staff..
- All sensitive areas are covered by CCTV’S surveillance systems.
- All employees are provided Uniforms and Identity cards.
- Attendance system through Digitalized Face Reader and punch card.
Certificates and Testimonials
We are approved by Indian Banks Association (A wing of Reserve Bank of India), for manufacturing & supply of MICR Grade Cheque Paper and other Payment Instruments.
We have customers throughout India in Educational Sector, Banking Sector, Corporate Sectors, Professional Examination Bodies, Recruitment Bodies, Security Printing Presses, both in the Government Sector and in the private Sectors, who are conscious of Security, timely supply with high quality.
We have overseas customers in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan, Dubai, and South America.
- Security Features for Bank Notes/Pass Port Papers etc.
- Additional capacity created to undertake bigger Printing Jobs on all India basis.
- In-house manufacturing facility for Cylinder Mould Covers for mould water mark for PM-2 and Dandy Design for PM-1.